23rd MARCH 2020
All staff with the exception of head greenkeeper Jake, are furloughed from 23rd March meaning that they are retained to return to work as soon as allowed. Jake is carrying out security and essential maintenance as allowed under the current restrictions.
23rd MARCH 2020
In addition to the current Clubhouse closure, the locker rooms and toilets will be closed from Friday 27th March at 5pm. Can members please remove any belongings they require before that time as there will be NO access thereafter.
The Pro shop will remain open manned by our professional Fraser Rummins and will become the main point of contact to answer queries, calls, emails etc
- Opening hours from 8am to 2pm Tues to Sun
- You will not be able to enter the shop, but will have access to facilities via the front window
- Club Competitions will continue. However, all players MUST abide by the rules sent out by SGU regarding safety during Covid-19. Please refer to SGU and R&A websites
Our greenkeeping staff continue to work as normally as possible, taking all necessary precautions to protect themselves. Without them we have nothing so please give them your support.
21st MARCH 2020
Following yesterday’s government announcements, the Clubhouse is closed with immediate effect.
For the time being the locker rooms & toilets remain open, along with the pro shop and golf course. Please DO NOT congregate in the shop.
17th MARCH 2020
Dear members, guests, prospective visitors & staff
The Club Council have had a meeting to discuss the way forward for Canmore. After a lengthy discussion the following decisions have been made with the safety of members, visitors and staff foremost in our minds.
Since this situation is fast-moving, it will be reviewed regularly. Extra sanitisers will be provided when they arrive. Stocks have been low.
The Clubhouse will remain fully open until closing time on Sunday 22nd March. Thereafter only toilet and locker access will be available.
The pro-shop will be working normal hours
The greens’ staff will be working normally
The following have been postponed until further notice:
- Captain v Vice- Captain 29th March
- Mimics night Social event 11th April
- Masters Scramble 12th April
- Private social functions booked for the next few weeks
The start of all match-plays is being delayed until further notice.
The decision regarding Club Championships will be taken nearer the time.
All other Club Competitions will be available to be played as normal with the following changes in place.
- There will be access ONLY to Lockers and toilets
- There will be NO ACCESS to all other areas i.e. upper floor of Clubhouse (bar, coffee lounge & kitchen closed)
Please bear in mind the safety of our staff is of paramount importance. With that in mind, please do not congregate in the shop.
This is a trying and worrying time for all. Please bear with us and we will get through this.